Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Let's Kick It -- Downloading Video From YouTube


This week I have been working on kicking videos from YouTube to my desktop.  This allows me to sync them to the iPods for my students to use as review and reference. I first tired to “kick” using FireFox and was not successful. I then tried using the web browser, Safari and found that downloading these videos was very simple and painless. So remember to use Safari. I created this movie to help anyone “kick” with ease. Good luck. 


I saved all my videos to the desktop. I then created a YouTube folder that is categorized first by subjects and then topics: YouTube ---> Mathematics ---> Algebra, Geometry, Fractions, etc.  folders
When I am ready to sync, I drag the videos I want my students to watch into iTunes.  

Sync iPods and your students will be ready to watch an educational video for review or reference.  Students will click on the "video" icon to watch.

6 comments:

  1. I am excited to try putting youtube videos on my ipods. This can be another aspect of ipod usage that really expands the educational benefits! Thanks for giving the directions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. During planning today, my student teacher was viewing YouTube videos for her upcoming unit. When one finished playing, it threw up -- "what's next". Good thing there were no students in the room because the image on display was inappropriate and we both jumped to get it off the SmartBoard. Just 1 good reason to "Kick it" before watching with your students. Although, we are all searching for appropriate content to share, garbage always pops in from time to time, Better safe than sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just discovered how to do this about 2 months ago. I have since assisted several teachers in embedding You Tube videos in their Smartboard lessons. It is a useful tool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is the add on to be able to "kick" in Fire fox
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/download-youtube/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to put this post in my own blog if that's ok with you

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's great, don't forget to add Mrs. Patterson link to kick from Fire Fox

    mrspatterson said...

    Here is the add on to be able to "kick" in Fire Fox
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/download-youtube/

    ReplyDelete