Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Fraction Factory


Fraction Factory

Cost:  Free

Developed by Radford University, Fraction Factory seeks the help of the player to place fractions correctly on a number line.  With only 60 seconds to put as many fractions on the number line, do you have what it takes to be the Chief Executive Officer for the Fraction Factory or are you just an Average Joe with more practice needed?  This game requires students to problem solve quickly while targeting fraction computation. 

The price is right, purchase this app for your students and see how hands on and interactive learning can be.

Student comments included:

B.H. – I like this game because it is sort of a tournament between your friends.  I like the gear idea and how you have to link them up.

C.G. – I liked how it showed you how accurate you are to the actual decimal.  I think it’s challenging because you try to break your last score in less time.  I like how at the end it tells you your percentage and the position you are in the factory.

J.M. – This game has to do with accuracy which I really like.  At first, I got Average Joe, but I kept going at it and now I’m Factory CEO with 24 fractions and 98% accuracy. 

L.H. – I liked this game because of the dragging part and that you could change fractions when they went off the conveyor belt.  In a future update, make harder fractions and more fractions.

C.W. – Fraction Factory challenged me by getting me to find the decimal spot of a fraction on a number line.  I really liked how it also challenged you to have better accuracy than the last time. 

B. B. – This game is addicting because there are ranks and I love playing a game that has ranks.  This is the “funest” game for iPod for math.  You get to see out of all your friends who’s Factory CEO.

K.K. – This was cool because it challenged us to get more accurate and to get exact to see the highest position possible.  With this game it is all fractions and number lines.  It could be a bit better with decimals to fractions but I still like it. 

1 comment: