Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Motion Math


Motion Math

Cost:  $1.99

Motion Math is a movement-based learning
game that follows a star that has fallen from space.
It must bounce back up to its home in the stars. 
Moving fractions to their correct location on the number line is the only way to return.  Motion Math provides the player the opportunity to understand and estimate fractions, decimals and graphs.

My students were fully engaged in this app.  They were challenged and excited to play.  Their vote:  5 stars for this app. 

P.M. – This was one of the coolest math games ever because of the motion controller. 

G.C. – This game was hard at first but then got easier.  I had to think about the fractions and where they would be on a number line.  What I really liked is that I was learning and having fun at the same time.

M.J – This game was awesome.  It was also challenging.  I am going to download it on my own iPod.  It was awesome because it wasn’t like any math game I’ve ever played.  It was challenging because the time got shorter each time.  Changing to percent, pie graphs, and decimals also challenged me. 

C.H – I really liked this game a lot! It combined math and a fun concentration game together?  It was cool how it changed from just fractions to negative numbers, graphs, and decimals.  The levels got harder as you advanced.  The ball gets faster too.  This game was fun and I look forward to playing it again.

A.H. – I had a fun time playing Motion Math because the more you play the more you understand how fractions, decimals and graphs are related.  The game tested my skills to locate numbers on the number line.

D.M. – I think Motion Math was a good game because it had your brain really thinking about the fraction.  I liked that it would help you out along the way.  One thing that challenged me was that it got faster and faster.  I believe this is a good game because it makes you really think.

C.S. – A cool thing about Motion Math was as you made it to higher levels, the scenery changed as your star moved up.  It was fun because it challenges you to think about where a pie graph would be on a number line and where negative numbers go.  I liked it because it had a variety of different decimals and fractions.

No comments:

Post a Comment